Sunday, October 15, 2017

Tired, Take Two (a.k.a. Something Good Coming)

I was so tired yesterday that I forgot to tie in a couple of other points.

I am tired of hatred.
I am tired of racism.
I am tired of misogyny.
I am tired of gun violence.
I am tired of divisiveness.

I am tired of infertility.
I am tired of the lack of empathy.
I am tired of the loneliness it brings.
I am tired of the the Martyr Mommy trope.

I am tired of getting treated like crap in my school program.
I am tired of my husband getting treated like crap at his job.
I am tired of where we live.
I am tired of what we are doing.

We are too old for this.
We have worked too hard.
(Those last two sentences might sound entitled because there are plenty of people dealing with lots of unrelenting crap that they do not deserve. I have written a lot about what I am thankful for, but this is a post about what I am tired of.)

I am so tired.

And then, on top of everything else, Tom Petty died. He was/is my most favorite musician of all time. I have all of his albums and I listen to him on a weekly basis. I was crushed by his sudden, unexpected death on an already tragic day.

But he gave us a lot of awesome music before he left us. And his lyrics always made me feel understood. Tom Petty has given me so much comfort throughout my life. His music got me through adolescence. His music got me through infertility. My husband and I even danced to one of his songs for our first dance at our wedding. (That was also our last dance, as neither one of us are dancers hahaha.) Tom Petty has been the soundtrack to my life.

So even though I am tired, I will push on. There are lots of good people in this world and we can't let the negative news cycle infiltrate our brains any more than it already has.

Please allow me to share with you my most favorite Tom Petty song. I hope you have a very happy and/or relaxing and/or content Sweet Sunday (←that's a reference to the board game Payday if you ever played that as a kid...). I truly believe there is Something Good Coming.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the song. I really enjoyed that.

    I find that being tired of these things comes in waves. Unfortunately, when they come, they can begin to feel overwhelming. So I'll send you a hug, and hope it helps a little, and hope too that something helps to tide you over until the wave begins to retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the song!! :) And I think you're right: "being tired of these things comes in waves." I was feeling a little overwhelmed these past two weeks. Writing and connecting with others helps immensely.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Tom Petty before, it is beautiful music. And I like the lyrics!

    You sound like you need a hug today. So I am sending a big hug across the Atlantic. Sooner or later, something good is coming our way.

    xo

    Klara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Klara! I'm starting to feel better. My last two posts were more about how I was feeling over the last two weeks. I'm sure once I'm past my mid-terms I'll feel even better. Life is just a lot to take in sometimes.

      Delete
  3. He wasn't my absolute favourite but he was right up there and certainly part of the soundtrack of my life too... his death has hit me harder than I expected. :( Sending (((hugs))) & wishes for better days soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His death was just so sudden and unexpected. One week he's wrapping up the 40th Anniversary Tour in seemingly perfect health and the next week he's gone. It broke people's hearts around the world. I can't even begin to think how his family and friends are feeling. He was definitely one of a kind. I am so thankful I got to see him play live three separate times over the last couple of decades. <3

      Delete
  4. I didn't know this song...it's such a good one! I'm sorry you're tired, but I get it. Sometimes sharing the tired lifts it up and off and away a bit. I hope each day is a little better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, check out the whole album!! MOJO is awesome! Hypnotic Eye is also amazing!!

      Yes, sharing the tired helps lighten the load. Thank you for being there for me. <3

      Delete