Monday, December 2, 2019

Can't Afford Counseling

Well, after my most recent lengthy post all about counseling, this post will be short.

I can't go back to counseling. I've confirmed with co-workers that my current insurance doesn't cover counseling services. That sucks. But whatchya gonna do...

I'll just continue reading articles and talking to my best friend.

And reading blogs has been so helpful in my recovery from infertility, maybe there are some blogs out there that can help me with some strategies for managing my relationship with my mother. If you know of any related blogs or other helpful resources, please leave me a comment.

There's the library too. It has honestly been way too long since I've been to the library.

Plus, while there, I can also check out the section with quilting books... ;)






6 comments:

  1. Aw that's disappointing. Would it be possible to only go to a counselor once every few months so it wouldn't cost as much or is there not much point if you can't commit to going regularly? One resource that comes to mind is; https://captainawkward.com/
    There is a lot of advice on dealing with difficult family members!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that: find someone to see occasionally. That's a good idea. Thank you.

      Thank you also for the website resource! <3

      Delete
  2. Damn, that sucks! Especially when you had coverage and don't now. I'm glad DublinerinDeutschland had a good idea. I hope there are some people out there who can advise you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pity that your insurance doesn't cover the costs.
    Some years ago I went to a counselor and paid her myself over a short period of time and I found it helped already a lot.
    I hope you will find a solution!
    Thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was really in a funk on Friday night so I started looking up counselors in my area. I found a couple that sound like they may be a good fit for me, so I am considering paying out of pocket. It's expensive, but my mental health is worth it! Thank you for your support.

      Delete