Tuesday, October 31, 2017

This Year

What a difference this year has made.

Not A year, but THIS year.

Last year I wrote about Halloween being the hardest day of the year for me.

This year I feel very differently. I just reread last year's post and it definitely brought all of those feelings back, but that's not what I was feeling today. I just stayed busy with school and did what I had to do.

This year is so different. For a little over a year now I've been plodding along in school, working my way through the coursework. I've pretty much hated it (school, not the profession and information), but I can see the end now.

I can hear everyone trick-or-treating outside right now and I'm glad.
Halloween is so awesome, especially when you're a kid.

Maybe I'll always be sad about not getting to have and raise my children, but I can also simultaneously be excited about the new future my husband and I have planned for ourselves. 🔮

5 comments:

  1. Dear Phoenix, this sounds good! I am glad you felt so different from last year and that you are excited about what lies ahead! It does help to have a new perspective, doesn't it?
    Greetings from Switzerland (where luckily for us, trick-or-treating is not that popular)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! Time really does help. And you've made such progress in a year. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you! There have been years gone by when I couldn't bear halloween which was a nightmare for me, as I genuinely love this time of year. But as the years have gone by, so the blows have softened too. I'm glad it passed gently for you.

    ReplyDelete