And that is how I'm coping during this pandemic.
Now that I am living my life after infertility without children, I know the following:
- I know life disruptions can be devastating. Life does not go as planned. Big plans, little plans, I now count on nothing.
- But I don't let this keep me from living my life. I keep living and planning. I just don't believe plans ever happen until they are actually happening.
- Disease does not discriminate. (Ok, I *knew* this previous to experiencing infertility, but there is no knowing something like going through something.)
- I can be easily motivated by fear. However, I can remain aware of my panicky feelings, but I do not have to act on them.
- There are things I can do to manage my mental health. For me, these things include maintaining a regular sleeping schedule, showering every day, doing something productive or helpful, and organizing, writing lists, or doing something creative no matter how small.
We will get through this.
We don't know what the other side will look like yet, but we will get through this.