Saturday, April 25, 2020

Love To Give

Elaine wrote a post about the children of others and her comment to my comment completely moved me. I wrote that I wanted children because I wanted to raise them. Then I listed three typical activities that come with parenting but aren't exactly glamorous or anything. And she pointed out to me that not only did I want to raise my children, I wanted to love them. It's such a seemingly small thing to say and, in retrospect, so obvious. But Elaine gave me a gift. I know I am still navigating the occasional fogginess of the post-acute stage of recovering from infertility without children, and she gave me some clarity. And for me, with clarity comes a little bit of peace.

Thank you Elaine.

I wanted children because I wanted to love them.

I have a lot of love to give.

***

And on that note, I have something beautiful to share with you. It's part of the latest quilt that I've been sewing for the past two months. Who knew working with fabric would give me such joy? 💜


5 comments:

  1. I loved that post of Elaine's too. And yes, I wanted to love mine too. I think it's why I volunteered, and now blog - because I had love to give. You're giving out so much love through your blog, though you may not know it.

    Also - Your quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful, the comment from from Elaine and the quilt. Yes to loving children. Yes to having so much to give. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post, Elaine's post, Elaine's comment, Mali's & Jess' comment.
    Yes, yes to loving children and yes to having so much love to give.
    And - I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Phoenix. Now I am moved, too. Thank you.
    I love your quilt. I am glad you find joy in making them.
    And I agree with Mali: you are giving a lot already <3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt! And lovely words & thoughts too. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete