Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Good For Me

Moving has been so good for me. For years, I sat and did nothing. Then for years I sat and studied. Even when I moved here last year, it was from one state to another, so I hired movers to load up all of my stuff and deliver it. It was a lot and it was stressful, but the actual moving of my stuff didn't require much physical exertion on my part.

This move has been different. This move has been long and drawn out, full of one rental truck and many, many car trips between the old place and the new place. I packed every box, I lifted every box, and I moved every box into my new place or storage. (Ohhh my storage unit... Maybe one day I'll have a place with floor to ceiling bookshelves for all of my beloved friends books.)

It was hard, physical work. I woke up sore every morning. I was covered in bruises. And I felt great. I hadn't used my body like this in years. I'd been wanting to, I just hadn't been able to yet.

So, of course, moving sucks. And this one seems particularly long and challenging. But this move is also awesome. I love living somewhere quiet and beautiful, and I am grateful for my body's ability to move all of my crap here.

It feels good to move and it feels good to be home.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home, and that your body helped you with this new transition. It's nice when your body does the things you want it to! :) Congratulations, and may you have space for your friends (books are TOTALLY friends!) sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS nice when your body does what you want it to do. :) One of my systems may have failed me, but I am extremely grateful for the good health that I do have.

      Delete
  2. I am glad this has been a good move for you! Even though I resisted moving to this condo three years ago, I have to admit, I'd gotten into a bit of a rut and probably needed a kick in the rear. Paring down our stuff & moving was HARD (and I still don't love the community where we are now), but we both love our condo and being closer to family. My husband is so much happier now, and for the most part, so am I. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving is never easy. But thankfully, this move (just like my last two moves) has been worth it. I love this little spot and I'm glad I have 11 more months left on my lease. :)

      Delete