Sunday, August 6, 2023

Wrapping Up School

My 16-month marathon is coming to a close. I am so tired, so grateful, so excited, and so humbled. I still have so much to learn. But, the last 16 months have been one of the greatest investments of my time, energy, and money. 

Not only did I expand my skill set so now I know how to treat older and elderly adults in addition to children, but I got to conduct my own qualitative pilot study to explore the lived experience of involuntary childlessness after infertility! I am so grateful. Conducting actual research is a dream come true. Conducting research to represent our population in the academic literature is an honor that I took very seriously.

I am extremely grateful to the study participants that volunteered to be interviewed. I appreciate their willingness to talk about the worst experience of their life with me. I appreciate the trust they put in me, and I was very thoughtful throughout every step of the process: designing the study and collecting, managing, and analyzing the data.

I present my initial findings to my classmates and professors on Tuesday!

I conducted 15 interviews with women from 8 different countries. I analyzed the first 6 interview transcripts for my final project and will analyze the other 9 interviews throughout the rest of 2023. Then I will draft an article for publication in the winter of 2024. Afterward, I plan to present my findings at several conferences throughout the country. 

I am excited, and I could not have done this without you and your support. We are a growing population, we will be represented, and our collective voices will be heard!

Thank you.

💜

4 comments:

  1. Yay! What a milestone. Thank YOU for doing this work and bringing it to the forefront! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess. I've been wanting to do something for years that takes a step toward providing care to people after they stop TTC/trying to adopt. And this is just the first step!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what an accomplishment!
    I will keep my fingers crossed for Tuesday!
    And thank you for your research work from me, too <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine. I wish everyone could see the excitement from my professors and classmates. Their willingness to listen to our lived experience is encouraging.

      It's amazing what we can do with the support of a community behind us. I do this work for all of us and for women (and men!) in the future.

      Delete