Here's a writing prompt from Mali:
Make a list of your personality traits
that can both help and hinder you
in the process of healing after infertility.
She shared her preliminary list here.
(Note: That's the first time I inserted a link on my blog! 🏆 )
I love making lists so I'd like to try. :) Here are my initial ideas.
First, using some of Mali's ideas:
- Like her, I don't like the feeling that I'm missing out. HINDERS
- But also, I never thought "things happen for a reason." HELPS
- Also like her, I am pragmatic. (I am extremely sensitive and I have a lot of feelings, but I am also very, very practical.) HELPS
And a few ideas of my own:
- I'm good at quitting things hahaha (in the past- things like jobs, school programs, and boyfriends that weren't working out). HELPS
- I really like each stage of life and was looking forward to raising children through all of them. I always wanted to be a mother and had planned for it my whole life. HINDERS
- I like to be social but feel left out of my peer group because I'm not a mom. HINDERS
- Like I previously said, I am extremely sensitive so I got my feelings hurt a lot for the first couple of years. HINDERS
- I'm okay with asking for help and I've been lucky to work with two different counselors over the last several years. HELPS
- I like having something to work toward and look forward to so my husband and I came up with a new plan together for our future. HELPS
What are some things that has helped or hindered your healing after infertility?
Leave your thoughts in the comments below, in the comments on Mali's post, or link to your own post on the topic. :)