Monday, July 16, 2018

An Annoying Fertile

I knew going back into the work setting would provide a lot of new material for my blog.

Remember the woman who brought her kids to work? Well, most recently she was lamenting how she used to go to breweries all the time on the weekends but now she can't. She actually told us, "When you have kids, you can't just pick up and go wherever you want whenever you want." I looked at who she was talking to: me, my young co-worker who isn't married and doesn't have kids, and another employee who is an older woman who isn't married and doesn't have kids.

Ha! Does she think ANY of us cared about her "problem?" It was so ridiculous that I didn't even feel hurt or mad. Some fertile women really don't know how to read their audience...

8 comments:

  1. Ugh. Serious lack of social skills there. And it's weird, because I know plenty of people work kids who still go to breweries, and plenty of people without who are busy in other ways. Tone-deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truly ridiculous thing is that she thinks women without children aren't AWARE that when you have kids, you can't go to breweries all the time on the weekend. I think my response would have been, "well, duh!" Or I would have said, "but you knew that when you chose to have kids, right?"

    Or ... I like to think I would have said those things, but ... lol


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. As if us women without children didn't realize that having kids changes things...

      If I worked there I probably would have said something, at the very least to hopefully curtail any asinine comments from her in the future. However, until I actually graduate with my degree, I am trying my best to keep my mouth shut. Haha not an easy feat for me! :-D

      Delete
  3. Once a colleague of mine replied to a father who was complaining: "Well you know what you could have done to still be able to have as much free time as you want: use contraception." I enjoyed it a lot :-D This colleague is not infertile but she was annoyed all the same. I think some parents try to get acknowledgment by doing this but most of the time they just succeed in getting on other people's nerves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Being busy because of your kids is not a badge of honor, nor is it an achievement.

      Delete
  4. Exactly, well, duh :)
    I have met way too many self centered women so far, most of them at work (at other occasions it is easier to avoid).
    And exactly - can't they select the audience to whom they share something with.

    ReplyDelete