Thursday, November 10, 2022

One of Us: Phoenix Rising

I read the news yesterday and IMMEDIATELY texted my boyfriend.

"IVF failed for Jennifer Aniston. 1st time she's ever said it."

The news resonated across our CNBC community.
Pamela wrote about it here. Loribeth wrote about it here.

Jennifer Aniston, this woman that I've watched on tv and in movies for decades, owes us NOTHING. She didn't have to share her painful truth. She didn't have to tell us that IVF didn't work for her. She never had to address the topic ever in any way at all. But she did.

Thank you, Jenn. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

You added our story to the mainstream narrative of infertility:
our story that DOESN'T end with a baby.

My sisters read People magazine religiously. They may not feel my pain, but they will feel Jennifer Aniston's. This celebrity that I do not know gave me the gift of humanity. She validated our story.

"Phoenix Rising" indeed!!!


6 comments:

  1. I have always loved Jennifer Aniston. I love her now even more.
    I admire her courage.
    Thank you, Jenn. You are one of us <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you as soon as I read that line at the end of the article!! :)

    So grateful to her for being so honest. As you said, she didn't have to -- but she did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessss, YESSSS! "Phoenix Rising" indeed. So appreciative that she shared her experience with failed IVF, admits all the "miracle babies" we usually see! I just want to hang out with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for sharing this! What a validation for our CNBC community!

    ReplyDelete