Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tracee Ellis Ross

I never watched a lot of tv until I started teaching. That first year of teaching (and all of the years that followed) was... EXHAUSTING! I would come home from the day, sit on the couch (because I was barely able to move), and watch two episodes of Girlfriends. It became my ritual.

A couple of weeks ago, I read this interview with Tracee Ellis Ross and I loved it. It's short, but there's a lot of good stuff in there. I especially appreciate her thoughts on not being married and not having children and what that means and feels like in our society.

I just love her. She seems so cool and confident and approachable and fun. I am totally aware that I don't know her and she doesn't know me, but she has such a great friend vibe. I just imagine she's kind to everyone she meets. It's been nice "knowing" her these last twenty years. 



5 comments:

  1. That was fantastic, thank you for sharing this little dose of good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. What she says about gender messages, about your worth being tied to being "choosable," about mothering outside the box. I love her even more! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've been thinking about the idea of being "choosable" ever since I read the article...

      Delete
  3. Kudos to her for being so honest!

    ReplyDelete