I loved it.
Even if it all works out and I end up buying this house, I can't call it my forever home. I've already had three "forever" homes. The house my ex-husband owned when we got married, the house we bought for our children, and the house I bought in a small town in the middle of nowhere. At each place, I thought I could live there forever. But... I didn't.
Now I'm excited about a fourth house. Maybe it will work out. Maybe it won't. But I hope it does.
This isn't a house that is possible only because I don't have kids. It would actually be a great house for kids. The yard and floor plan are great, and it's by a park and zoned to good schools.
But I don't have kids. Instead, it will be a great house for me, my boyfriend, and his adult son.
Maybe.
For now, we wait. We get it inspected. We see how things go. But I am capable of waiting. I spent yearsss waiting. I got this. It will work out or it won't.
Whatever happens, it won't be traumatic. I've already survived the worst.
Spoken like a true pro. Your life view today demonstrates a perfect blend of 'I got this' confidence born out of hopeful experiences, setbacks and pragmatism. Regardless of the outcome, you've already won.
ReplyDeleteWell damn, this comment is frame-worthy! Thank you very much for the high compliment and winning conclusion. <3
DeleteGood luck! I agree, PJ's comment is frame-worthy, I concur! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Fingers are still crossed!!
DeleteHave you heard yet, did you get it?? (Good luck if you're still waiting!)
ReplyDeleteI always wince just a little bit when people talk about their "forever" home. I mean, life happens, sh*t happens, plans change and get completely unended by forces beyong our control (as we know all too well...!). I love your attitude, and I hope you have found, if not a "forever" home then somewhere where you can be happy for many years to come. :)
Things are looking decent, but we are still in the in between period where things could go either way. We will see!
DeleteIt would be nice to get unpacked and settled into a here-for-now home. And if that here-for-now home ends up being a forever home, then I'm fine with that too! I'm so tired of moving. But I will always do what I have to do. Luckily, each of my moves has been an upgrade to my life.
I like your attitude, too, Phoenix <3.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed!
Thanks, Elaine!! <3
DeleteI don't believe in "forever" homes. We have the homes we need at the time, and then if things change, or we get new opportunities, we move. Each house contributes to our lives. It might be one, it might be several, it might be a lot. I hope you get this one, and I'm glad you are excited about it. But as you say, if it doesn't work out, then something else will. (Still, I also have fingers crossed for you.)
ReplyDeleteOh, I love that! "We have the homes we need at the time." That describes everywhere I've lived perfectly. Thanks, Mali!
Delete