Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Subbing Preschool

If you would've told me five years ago that, five years from now, I'd be living in another state, living life without children after infertility, divorced, and substitute teaching preschool I don't think there's any way I would have been able to believe it. Well, we probably shouldn't go back in time and tell my past self that because, honestly, my past self may not have been able to handle it. That might've been the end of me. I would've melted into a puddle right there.

But, I am not the me of five years ago. I am the me of five years ago plus the past five years.
And what a five years they've been...

Oh. I just did the math. Five years ago I was still charting. Hadn't even been to the clinic yet.

ANYWAY.

I'm substitute teaching preschool. Hahahaha. That sounds so bizarre and it's my life.

But I am so thankful. In a still-new city where I don't know that many people, it was nice to be able to walk into a job. I knew some people there and so I was able to call and start working that week.

It's humbling because it's all I can handle right now. It's part-time; I only work a couple of days a week. And I'm still foggy from the divorce. I haven't even replaced my cell phone from when I tossed it in the washer a couple of weeks ago. I mean, I'm in the process of replacing it. Everything is just... Such a process...

But here I am, an infertile and recently divorced woman, happily substitute teaching preschool.

Life is weird. :)



6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of telling yourself from 5 years ago what you're up to, and then realizing that you are so different and you can handle so much more now. I'm glad you're happy substitute teaching in preschool! Early education is rewarding, and also for a special person. I am hoping for you continued recovery from your divorce and a soft space to land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure hope I find a soft spot to land. And soon. But we will see...

      Delete
  2. Life is indeed weird. I hope you're enjoying the new job. And you're handling an amazing amount, so you should be proud of what you are handling. After all, who needs a cell phone? (Says the woman who totalled her car going to buy a new one! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I always appreciate your validating comments!! <3

      And yeah, who needs a cell phone? it's been a pain but also a liberation not having a working phone. :)

      Delete
  3. teaching in preschool sounds lovely!
    I am glad you got a new job so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's not all lovely, but there are definitely lovely moments. ;) It's tough work, but every day I see the kids making progress. <3

      Delete