Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Reviewing Last Year

We all know what a unique year 2020 was for the world. Mali wrote a great post where she looked back and highlighted some favorite posts of hers from 2020. I liked the idea and decided to do the same. It was pretty interesting to go back and reread my posts. After reviewing them all, I know two things for sure. One, I am tired. (Ha!) Two, I refuse to give up.

And so without further ado, my favorite posts of mine from 2020...

In January, I wrote about feeling emotional, not knowing why, and then remembering it was the fifth anniversary of my first IVF results. This is probably a good thing for me to keep in the back of my mind, seeing as this date is fast approaching again. It is true: the body remembers.

Later that month I was reminded that I don't have to explain myself to anyone, especially when it comes to presumed baby shower attendance.

I talked about my marriage and divorce a little bit here. I am thankful but still processing it all.

I recognized that my grief is lifelong in this post, but I also recognized why some things don't hurt as much as they used to in this post.

Overall, I was very happy to learn this year that I can work with kids again without it hurting!

But, my Top 3 Favorite Posts of 2020 are as follows:

3. When Elaine helped me realize that I have a lot of love to give

2. When I chose to give advice lol. At least I called it what it was: my unsolicited advice

1. When I found meaning again


Thank you for reading! We will see what 2021 brings, what we learn from it and what we do with it. May our lives be full of peace, love, warmth, good health, strength, clarity, connection, and laughter. Wishing us all the best!!! 

💜

3 comments:

  1. I love your top three posts! (I love all of them, but you know what I mean. lol)

    And I particularly liked this reflection: "I recognized that my grief is lifelong in this post, but I also recognized why some things don't hurt as much as they used to in this post."

    I'm so glad you're still writing. Happy New Year, and all the best for 2021 and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you found meaning again! And... awww... I am really touched that my answer to one of your comments led to one of your favorite posts. I love how we are all connected around the world <3.

    Sending much love and my very best wishes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were all great posts! :) Looking forward to more in 2021!

    ReplyDelete