Saturday, June 25, 2022

Why I Didn't Adopt

Because I found only one adoption agency that did not accept any money from any anti-abortion organizations and it went bankrupt.

That's it. That's why I didn't adopt.

I worked for an excellent, kind, caring, and reputable foster care and adoption agency for several years. I've had extensive training. I am familiar with the process and with the trauma involved for the adoptee, their birth families, and their adoptive families.

I wouldn't wish unwanted infertility on anyone.

I wouldn't wish unwanted pregnancy on anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I second your last two lines. Having choices is (was) a good thing because you could choose what was right for you given your very personal circumstance, but it also didn't mean that things would work out as you'd planned. Now less choices, more risk, less agency, more difficulty. I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of that as a reason, but you're right, especially in a U.S. context!

    I wouldn't wish those things on anyone either.

    ReplyDelete