Sunday, March 20, 2022

My 7th Survivor Anniversary

In just a few days it will be 7 years since my last fertility treatment didn't result in pregnancy. The year was 2015 and I was completely empty. It seems like it wasn't that long ago, but then it also seems like it was a couple of lifetimes ago.

If you are new here, these posts will catch you up:
  • last month when I summed up where I currently am with living with infertility
  • last year when I wrote about not feeling settled in life yet but happy anyway
  • the year before that where I kept it short but linked to my past anniversary posts

And now we are here, the first day of spring 2022.

I don't have anything new to offer in this moment. 

I just want to encourage you to stop and appreciate your own hard work. Grieving is HARD. It's lonely and devastating and tiring and soul-sucking and nobody seems to understand.  

After quitting my last job, I decided to take some time off. I was tired, I was sad, and I had worked way too hard for far too long to feel that bad. So I stopped. I rested, sewed, and got outside. 

I'm glad I did. I will never regret taking these past three months for myself.

After losing my lifelong dream of motherhood, I spent seven years working to create a new life for myself. It was, by far, the hardest thing I've ever done. But I did it. I created a life I want to life. 

So I stopped for a season to enjoy it. 😎














7 comments:

  1. I love your photos so much.
    I see beauty & happiness & fresh air.
    I am happy for you.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Klara. Thank you for so much!! It was reading your blog and seeing your photos 7 - 8 years ago that inspired me to start thinking about what truly made me happy and what kind of life I wanted to live. <3

      Delete
    2. I am glad that I am leaving a small but meaningful mark in someone's life <3
      It means the world to me!

      Delete
  2. Your photos - nature, comfort food, hobbies - are the perfect example of how to look after yourself. Knowing when and how to look after ourselves is a rare skill. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mali. For so much! Your post about infertility's waiting room was life changing for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one. https://nokiddinginnz.blogspot.com/2014/03/infertilitys-waiting-room.html

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you've taken some time for yourself! And I love your photos! (Especially the pie! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Loribeth! For your blog, which has been a big support for me, and for the validation. We don't often get validation for slowing down, do we? It's always go, achieve, do more, work harder... When do we stop and appreciate what we've worked for?

      I've been making a pie every weekend for the past couple of months. I am loving this new routine. :)

      Delete