Saturday, June 24, 2023

Spiraling

I'm not spiraling mentally or emotionally, thank goodness, but I am thoroughly involved in the spiraling process that is qualitative data analysis. 

I love qualitative research. Instead of using numbers to describe things, qualitative research uses words (i.e., narrative data). Qualitative research can describe the experience of an individual or group. It is very different from quantitative research, but there are ways of ensuring the rigor and accuracy of qualitative studies. I believe qualitative research can build a great foundation for future quantitative research in evaluating the effectiveness of treatments and programs.

I am grateful for this opportunity to interview women around the world to study being childless not-by-choice. I appreciate the support from my school and the guidance from my reviewers. I especially appreciate the study participants for trusting me with their data.

So that's what I'm doing on a Saturday night. It's an honor to do this work. I love it.


Archival print by Debra Bucci found at https://aibgallery.com/product/spiraling-archival-print/


2 comments:

  1. Love this! I always have a negative connotation with spiraling, so it's lovely to see it in the positive. I love your research!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! A positive connotation for spiraling. :)

      Delete