Sunday, July 23, 2023

Energy Changes

I've been hard at work, both at my jobs and with school. I have less than a month until graduation, and every minute counts at this point.

And I have done nothing today. I slept in, ate pizza, watched a movie, and ordered some fabric.

Maybe that's what I needed to do. I definitely feel like my brain is slowing down. I know my brain and body are tired. It's the last mile or two of this marathon.

I am amazed I have been able to do this school program. I am giddy that I get to conduct actual research. I am in awe at what is possible after such profound, life-altering loss. 

We don't have to save the world. We do not have that responsibility. But we can all find things that we are interested in and put our time and energy into stuff. 

...When we have the energy.

Because at first you don't.

Not for a long time.

Grieving is EXHAUSTING.

I will never forget that massively heavy feeling.
I will never miss feeling so adrift and pointless.
I will never take energy or inspiration for granted.

So I may be tired today. I may be stressed about the upcoming week and all of the work that my jobs and school will require. But I can do it. I have the energy to do it. 

And if I don't? I'll still be closer than I was before.






6 comments:

  1. So glad you're taking time to give yourself some self-care. And I love love love the poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I usually give photo credit, but this one was pretty random. I did an image search for the quote and found it at https://www.montealtoinenglish.es/home/quote-of-the-week-shoot-at-the-moon-even-if-you-miss-youll-land-among-the-stars.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this so true! It's amazing how much energy grieving consumes. I remember feeling like it was all I could do to get up off the floor. It does get better!

    Hilarious, I always struggle with the saying...I live there sentiment but scientifically if you shoot for the moon and miss, you burn up in the atmosphere. Much less inspirational lol. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!! Hahahahaha. I'm laughing so hard. I love it. Thank you, Jess.

      Delete
  3. Grieving IS exhausting. I am so glad you have the energy now! I am also glad that you rest when you need to ;-). Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep more than most people I know, but my body and brain require it! I feel AWFUL when I'm tired, like really nauseous and emotional.

      I'm thankful for my regained energy. <3

      Delete