Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween & My Blogoversary

I can barely believe six years have passed since I started writing this blog. There's some really honest stuff in here, some of it embarrassing even, but damn did I need this space. 

So much has changed.

Halloween used to be the hardest day of the year for me. I wrote about it six years ago. Then, just one year after that, I wrote about how it wasn't as hard. It had changed a lot. In just a year.

And now it's been six years since I started writing. 

So much more has changed.

It's been seven and a half years since I stopped fertility treatments. Seven and a half years of knowing IVF doesn't work for me. Seven and a half years of getting used to the idea that I wouldn't be raising children after thirty-five years of thinking otherwise. Seven and a half years of working hard to create a new life for myself.

And I'm calling it.

I did it. 

I created a life I want to live.

Like I wrote in my last post: I like my home, I like what I do for work, and I like what I do for fun. If I won the lottery (which is unlikely since I don't play, haha), I wouldn't change a thing. 

As I reflect on six years of writing my innermost thoughts and feelings on the internet, I can't believe I did it. Both things. I can't believe I wrote all of it down publicly, and I can't believe I created a new life that I can enjoy.

I've come a long way.

I don't really identify as infertile anymore. 

I just identify as childless not by choice. 

I'm not going to change my blog name, and I'm not going to stop writing. I still have things to write about. I'm still living a childless life and I'm still trying to understand how it affects everything. I still want to connect with other women like me. 

Thank you.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for being a part of my healing process.


(I found this image online by searching for "purple quilted heart."
Turns out, it's a quilt kit! You can purchase it here.)

12 comments:

  1. Hey!! Blogoversary twin!! :) It's MY blogoversary today too! :) (Great minds thinking alike?? -- albeit I had a few years' headstart on you, lol!) I am so glad you're enjoying your life now, and I am SO glad you're still blogging! ...And I LOVE that quilt! -- are you going to try it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... It's actually my blogoversary on October 1st. So I had to get my blogoversary post in before the month ended! ;)

      I love that quilt too! I actually bought the pattern last year, so I want to try it. Seeing this design gives me some good ideas.

      I am so glad YOU are still blogging. Thank you so much, Loribeth!

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogoversary! I'm so glad you're still here and still writing, IP. It gets easier, as you have said, and we can love our lives. But it's still great to have these spaces.

    I love the quilt too. My colours! And that image is a perfect reflection of you, your courage, your blog, and your hobby. We're lucky you're here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mali, thank you so much. Your infertility waiting room post was one of the first I read. It meant so much to me.

      And thank you for your description of the quilt pic and how it reflects me. What a really nice compliment! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogoversery!!! So glad you took the time to share your experiences with us. You have much to be proud of ... in healing and moving forward. Your story has both added to the richness of our lives and reminded many of the tenacity and grit it takes to push through the misunderstood adversity of IVF and infertility trauma. We value your honesty and your healing. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what else to do. I was out of ideas and so alone and sooo beyond depressed. I kept reading infertility blogs and wanted to comment to join in the conversation. So, I took a flying leap out of my comfort zone and started blogging. I'm so glad I did.

      Thanks for helping to create our community! I needed it and still do. <3

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on six years of blogging!
    I am so glad to have "met" you and am grateful for our exchange <3.
    Thank you for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend. You have been invaluable to me!! Onward. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your Blogoversary!! Even if I haven't been so much present this year, I'm still very grateful for your blogging and I love reading your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A constant presence is not mandatory lol. Stop by the blog when you can! <3

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your blogoversary! Wooooo, six years is a lot of great posts, introspections, processing, and healing. I'm so thankful you're here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am so thankful YOU are here. Thank you for writing and being a friend. <3

      Delete